Handling Trees Damaged In A Storm
Although they are typically taken as being durable and timeless, trees can come to be defenceless in adverse weather conditions like storms and strong winds. Fierce storms and extreme winds have been seen to wipe out trees and tear even the healthiest and sturdiest trees out of the ground, sending them toppling to the earth, or onto buildings, power lines, vehicles and neighbours’ gardens.
How many times shortly after strong winds have you heard about storm-damaged trees and dislodged branches damaging property or blocking the road. Apart from the inconvenience and danger it additionally will result in expensive repairs.
The hardest option after a storm isn’t how to remove the trees that are definitely down, that is pretty much straightforward. The more difficult possibility is if any of the trees left standing can be saved.
Various trees that have been moderately damaged in the windstorm might pose a future threat and may have to be chopped down and disposed of to avoid placing property and people at risk in many months or even years in the future.
Other trees could be preserved by being pruned back, with their worst affected sections being ‘severed’ similar to how a surgeon will take off a gangrenous limb. Others may need to be staked with guy ropes or held up with various other supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to fall on premises, our tree specialists can be relied upon to take away the broken trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the building and construction teams easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged structures and power lines.
Get In Touch With Us Today For A Free No Obligation Quote
Various Kinds Of Storm Damage
Each one of these types of problem results in an unique prognosis for the trees’ potential survival, however forming a prognosis is a job ideally entrusted to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is much more likely to overlook a small detail that may differentiate one conclusion from another, like noticing the splinters from a crown twist but overlooking the slight lean that shows that the roots also snapped.
There are generally 6 types of storm damage that a tree can’t typically endure:
- Blowovers – these are where the complete tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree splits above the earth, causing the trees crown to fall or sag strongly whilst the bottom section remains standing normally.
- Root Failures – is where the roots of the tree crack below the earth, resulting in the tree pitching or swaying significantly.
- Branch Failures – is where several branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is where the trunk of the tree turns enough to splinter, but stays standing. This takes place most frequently on trees with highly lopsided crowns. The complete crown essentially transforms into a weather vane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays standing, for now. Lightening strikes have a number of additional effects like opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin and massive water loss, so a lightening-hit tree is typically at a very much higher danger to drop even though it endured the initial windstorm.
Preserving Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree experts will not only clear away fallen trees correctly and without any further damages to property, but will in addition have the ability to give you practical suggestions on just how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, despite the fact that they might have been harmed in the windstorm. Our highly professional team can evaluate the situation on your property and advise you which trees have endured a lot of damages that they’d die despite the fact that they were carefully raised and replanted.
24-Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself in need of a local 24 hour emergency tree surgeon then our specialist tree surgeons will definitely get on site at the very first possibility to evaluate the scenario and inform you of all remedial methods provided.
If we can’t immediately eliminate the tree, we will at least restore a reasonable amount of accessibility and return at the very first possibility to carry out a complete & safe removal of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are additionally suitable for any accidents like traffic accidents. We are able to additionally assess the surrounding trees for any concealed damages and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if needed.
Tree Removal Service Northampton
Even on the ground, tree surgery demands experience and technical skill, it is a lot more involved than merely taking a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper experience, competence and equipment, you should not attempt tree surgery. If the tree fell as a result of damages, there may be further dangers of some other failing branches. By no means endanger your personal basic safety to remove a fallen branch, get in touch with your local Northampton tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any sort of tree services call us today.